Jacksonville, FL — The 2018 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance (March 9-11) will host 11 special classes.
* The Cars of “Big Daddy” Ed Roth — His landmark Beatnick Bandit solidified Roth’s position in the pantheon of California customizers and his Rat Fink art work, t-shirts and Revell plastic models turned the King of “Kustom Kulture” into a counter-culture icon.
* Porsche Carrera — A year after their stunning overall finishes and class victories in the Carrera Panamericana, Porsche named their top performers Carrera to honor their remarkable performances in Mexico’s World Championship five-day, border-to-border open road race. Three decades of Porsche’s fastest will comprise “The Amelia’s” special Porsche Carrera Class.
* N.A.R.T at 70 — Luigi Chinetti, the founder of the North American Racing Team, was the driving force behind Ferrari in North America. The three-time Le Mans winner was also a major power behind the creation of Ferrari’s Grand Touring cars. The New York-based team was the author of Ferrari’s ninth and final overall victory in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1965.
* Jaguar XKE
* The Cars of Martini Racing
* Ferrari Daytona 50th Anniversary — the last pure “Enzo” Ferrari
* IMSA GTP — 1981-1993
* “Hunting” Cars — extraordinarily rare custom cars seldom seen outside their work environments
* PreWar MGs
* Electric Car Pioneers