Walworth, WI — Overall sales totals reached a record-setting $13.9 million at Mecum’s Jan. 23-27 Vintage and Antique Motorcycle Auction in Las Vegas. The sale also achieved a sell-through rate of 91% as 1,207 of the auction’s total 1,324 motorcycles sold.
Not only was the top 10 dominated by American-built motorcycles, the segment as a whole again demonstrated its enduring appeal as most American-built offerings sold for especially impressive sums. Both pre- and post-war Harley-Davidsons showed a marked increase in value, and vintage off-road motorcycles also brought stronger selling prices than ever before. Also on the rise were prices for vintage Japanese motorcycles, including 1980s sport bikes.
“The auction has more than doubled in size since 2014, both in the amount offered and in the sales totals achieved,” said Ron Christenson of Mecum’s motorcycle division.
• 1911 Harley-Davidson Twin (Lot F133): $154,000
• 1917 Henderson Four Steve McQueen (Lot F191): $110,000
• 1968 Vincent Shadow Recreation (Lot F156.1): $107,250
• 1941 Indian Four (Lot S141): $101,750
• 1945 Harley-Davidson EL (Lot S55): $99,000
• 1928 Indian Four (Lot S108): $99,000
• 1917 Harley-Davidson J (Lot S203): $95,700
• 1914 Henderson (Lot F240.1): $93,500
• 1911 Flying Merkel V-Twin (Lot F143): $91,300
• 1912 Indian Twin (Lot S157): $82,500