Ocala, FL — The Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing, home of the International Drag Racing Hall of Fame, recently named the Class of 2019 Hall of Fame honorees, as well as the recipients of special awards.
• William and Curt Carroll were major players in the Top Fuel class during the 1960s and into the early 1980s.
• Gary Rupp and Pat Dakin raced as the Rupp & Dakin Top Fuel team and were strong competitors in the NHRA’s North Central Division.
• The Iron Horse team of Dan Richins and Rex Pearmain were significant forces, particularly in the NHRA’s West Central, Northwest, and Pacific divisions, between 1971 and 1976.
• Mike Lewis, president of Maple Grove Raceway and winner of the 2012 NHRA California Hot Rod Reunion Funny Car class.
• Ted Dzus Jr., president of Dzus Fasteners
The Founder’s Award will go to the late Edward Justice, Sr. one of three brothers who were early leaders in the automotive lubricant and fuel additives market in the early 1950s. The Patricia Garlits Memorial Award, named in honor of Don Garlits’ late wife, will be given to Lynn Prudhomme, who has been at the forefront of efforts to help racing families in times of need.
The Hall of Fame induction dinner and ceremony will take place March 14 in Gainesville, Fla. To purchase tickets, call the museum 877-271-3278.