JUL/AUG 2016 - DON NICHOLS & HIS SHADOWS
Part 1: The marvelous machines of a man of mystery-Can-Am Quest and T-Rex By the Tail - Shadow DN4 Track Drive.
THE ULTIMATE 911 RACE CAR?
A Porsche 911-based racer intended for
Le Mans - white with a long tail - the Porsche that became known as Moby Dick.
RACING AT THE "STICK"
The massive, paved parking lot between the new Candlestick Park and S.F. Bay was an enticing venue for sports car races.
A LE MANS RACECATION
An amateur driver gets his shot at the 1984 24 Hours of Le Mans racing an ADA Ford-Cosworth DFL.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- SALON: 1978 IMSA BMW 320i McLaren Turbo
- Great Vintage Garages:
Bill Scherer Garage
- My Favorite Race: Jimmy Vasser and the 1996 Toyota Grand Prix of Monterey
- Stuart Hilborn - Fuel Injection Pioneer
- Road Stir: 1961 Lotus Elite S2
- Waggot 1968 TC4V 16-Valve Inline-4
- Vintage Shop: Automotive Restorations, Inc.
- HSR Mitty
- Monaco's Historique
- The Quail Motorcycles
- HMSA Barber
- SVRA Sonoma
- VRG Jefferson 500
- Historic Gasoline Alley
- VARA High Desert