JUL/AUG 2015 - TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT
PART 1: In the early '60s GM wanted to prove its new compact cars in competition and Pontiac's Tempest led the charge.
BILL THOMAS CHEETAH
They might have out Cobra'd Shelby's Cobras, but never got the chance. History and track drive.
AMERICAN DRIVER, AMERICAN CAR
Bob Bondurant took Shelby's Cobra to the FIA GT World Manufacturers Championship 50 Years Ago This Month.
ROAD STIR: 1973 BMW CSL
It was BMW's homologation special, one of the most muscular and respected sports coupes of the 1970s.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- SALON: 2000 Oreca Viper GTS/R
- Great Vintage Garages:
Phil Gumpert Garage
- My Favorite Race: Bob Earl and the 1990 12 Hours of Sebring
- Joe Huffaker Jr. Returns to the Runoffs
- Nat'l Corvette Museum Mtrsprts Park
- Int'l Motor Racing Research Center
- Race Mechanic Terry "Piggy" Malone
- Vintage Shop: Competition Touring Cars
- CSRG Sonoma
- HSR's The Mitty
- Quail Motorcycle
- HMSA Barber
- CVAR Texas
- SVRA Sonoma Historics
- VRG Jefferson 500
- VARA Willow